Bins and containers are designed to be easily handled by workers or to be integrated into automated systems. There are countless varieties, each with their own strengths and uses. Below are the types most commonly found in the workplace.
- Stacking Bins: These stack on each other to save space on shelving or in cabinets. They will also hang on panels or rails and may be divided to accommodate different parts in one container.
- Shelf Bins: These are used on shelving or in cabinets. These aren’t designed to hang on panels or rails, but they also can be divided.
- Straight-Wall Containers: These containers provide the most cubic space to hold more product and material during storage or transport. They have great stacking capabilities and can be paletized for shipping. These containers feature smooth, straight walls.
- Stack and Nest Containers: These stack when full with a cover and nest when empty for efficient use of space. These come with attached or detached covers.
- Divided Boxes: Dividers allow for compartmentalizing. Stackable lids are generally available for efficient use of space. These are generally used to separate parts and keep them from damage.
If you need help selecting bins or containers for your needs, check out C&H’s full selection of bins and containers online. If you want help from a trained product specialist, call us at 1-888-316-2223.