- Did you know that 17 trees could be saved for every ton of paper?
- Did you know that if all morning newspapers read around the country were recycled 41,000 trees would be saved daily and 6 million tons of waste would never end up in landfills?
- Did you know that if 100,000 people stopped their junk mail that 150,000 trees could be saved annually?
- Did you know that Styrofoam is unrecyclable? The industry wants you to assume it is but it isn’t. You can not make new styrofoam from it. Each year Americans throw away 25 billion styrofoam cups. Even 500 years from now, that styrofoam cup you used today will still be in the landfill.
- Recycling paper uses 60% less energy than manufacturing from raw materials
- Recycling 1 glass jar saves enough energy to keep a light bulb lit for 4 hours
- Recycling Aluminum takes 95% less energy than making it from virgin materials
- Americans use 100 million tin or steel cans a day. Just imagine, every minute, 9000 cans are recovered from trash with magnets and the average American throws out 6 pounds of tin every month. That’s enough to make a steel pipe from Los Angeles to New York and back again. There is enough steel thrown away to build all the new cars made in America every year.