Welcome to the inaugural post of our “Industry News and Updates” monthly series. We’ll be using these posts to share recent facility news, information, events, and more.
- Chicago recently hosted the 2011 ProMat show, which hosted more than 700 vendors from the industrial supply space. Read more about the show at Supply and Demand Chain News, where they have 2 writeup reports. See Report 1 and Report 2.
- Good news for the material handling space! According to Modern Materials Handling, numbers for spending in material handling and attendance to industry trade shows have grown significantly since the recession that began in 2008. Read more about the material handling industry rebound.
- Also from the ProMat floor, Supply Chain Digest tells us about their favorite new products from the show.
- Logistics news – A new study says (not surprisingly) improvements in material handling systems have led to an upsurge in user satisfaction.
- MMH provides a run down of the latest new products and innovations unveiled by pallet makers at ProMat 2011.
- Think the crisis in Japan isn’t affecting you or your business in someway? Think again.