Most areas in the US have begun to feel the effects of the cold winter months. While I’m sure you are not ready for the winter, is your business? Here are a few ways to get ready for the cold & save money at the same time.
1) Reduce Heating Bills
- Seal Leaks – Check for air leaks around windows, doors, or even duck work. These issues can be fixed for as little as $15, but if they go unfixed can cost you much more throughout the winter.
- Use Window Coverings – Drafty windows are the biggest contributor to heat lose in your building. There are a wide variety of films and coverings that can help prevent the air flow.
- Changing Air Filters – Changing air filters once a month helps ensure your air stays clean and also bolsters efficiency.
- Use Ceiling Fans – Ceiling fans can help limit heat usage by push down and circulating rising warm air. In the winter, ceiling fans should rotate clockwise (and counter-clockwise in the summer months).
- Heaters – You should consider using space heaters if you only need a small section of your building heated instead of the entire building.
2) Get your outdoor supplies ready
- Create a checklist to confirm you have all the supplies you need to keep your employees safe at your facility. Click here to see all of our winter products.
3) Ensure that you have a plan in case of emergency
- Make sure you have a plan in place and that all of your employees know that plan.
- Give employees a hotline to call in case your business is closed for any reason.